Original topic:

Galaxy S20 esim in Canada

(Topic created on: 02-18-2020 06:51 PM)
SohFar
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone know if any of the Canadian carriers will support esim on the new s20 models? I know the phones have the feature, but not sure if the networks will have it enabled.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Please read just above your post...

I can confirm that Bell and it's affiliates also Roger's and Telus plus their affiliates support esim. I would suggest that you check your info prior to posting @ Kinsley...
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Ironically, Samsung smartwatches require eSIM to work on LTE networks. Why would the company sell them here if no carrier supports eSIM haha
0 Likes
Samsung_ST5SyoK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Wrong!!! Freedom, Bell,  amd Rogers supports esim.

0 Likes
SohFar
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Thank you for all the info so far everyone.
I do know for a fact that all major Canadian networks support esim on the new iPhones and pixels as I have family and friends currently on esims with those devices.
So far, I have not found any confirmation that the networks will enable the esim on the S20s.
It's quite important for me as a Samsung user as I have two sim cards for work and would much rather carry around one device.
Jeb1804
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I chatted with Samsung support (Canada) and they are saying the s20 will not have esim capability enabled for Canadian markets. No idea why they would do this. 

Jeb1804
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Telus/Koodo and Bestbuy confirmed no esim on Canadian s20 models.

0 Likes
KJinCanada
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
so strange, because the galaxy fold does support it.. freaking Samsung man sometimes they are so far ahead but other times so far behind. I'm sure this has to do with Samsung and not the carriers. since other phones are supported.
mattpelegrin
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I purchased the SM-981W (S20 Canada) from Telus and using "Activity Launcher" which you can download from the Play Store I was able to get to the Sim Manager that is not displayed in Settings as it is hidden. However, it will only give me information on SIM 1 (Physical Sim) and allow me to Change the Icon, Name, Network Mode associated with it as well as shut off the Mobile Data.

When I choose the Icon setting for this sim it has a whole bunch of little icons like "Home, Office, Heart, Travel" etc. but right underneath the first option "SIM 1" is a greyed out "SIM 2" that I am unable to select.

Preferred SIM Card Options are also greyed out and automatically defaulted to SIM 1 are "Calls and Text Messages".

Finally the screen also greys out additional call settings that include: "Confirm SIM card for calls" (with a toggle switch turned off beside it) and another greyed out option "Dual SIM always on" for the ability to receive calls from both SIM Cards.

0 Likes
Jonjeansnow
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Oh ok. This is so unfair.

Im furious.

I was told when I purchased it that this would be a function.