Original topic:

Galaxy S7 Screen problem

(Topic created on: 03-30-2020 11:10 AM)
Salah007
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
So ive been working with my device and i noticed that the screen is lagging sometimes.  And i just wanna know if i should replace it or just leave it .
0 Likes
3 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @ Salah007,

Please test whether a particular app is causing problem by restart your device in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode runs your device with default settings. It does not reset or delete any information from your device.

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
@keagan care to elaborate how to get into safe mode and figure out which app may be causing this?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@mytech

This is how to Boot into Safe Mode on the S10 series - Should be the same for the S8 series & Note8 device up to the current S20 devices.

Press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.To confirm, tap Safe mode. The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete. ...With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality.

As for figuring out which app(s) are the issue - Start by removing installed user apps until the issue no longer exists - Of course you have to do this when your device is no longer in Safe Mode & It also assumes that your device was running properly when in Safe Mode.