Original topic:

Galaxy s7 Oreo release thread

(Topic created on: 06-10-2018 07:55 PM)
Brando
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
Just a place for those who are waiting for the update to hang out. Im trying to stay up but if it's not a midnight release date I might be going to bed.
32 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Haha thanks for making one of these. It will *hopefully* cut down in the spam (I don't have high hopes though).

I'm hoping for a midnight EST release, and I'll be up for the next hour to wait and see. Otherwise I'll just go to sleep and download it during the day tomorrow like 90% of the people here lmao
0 Likes
brownbatman
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Lol the forums will probably be full of complaints tomorrow.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
haha oh totally!!
Brace yourself members!
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Imagine if it delays like S9
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
April fools right Samsung?
0 Likes
Nezcro
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Fido and Rogers said June 11 in their update schedule so there's a very high chance of this happening. AT&T got the update 2 days ago which means that it will spread to Canada too. Let's pray that we truly get it on June 11.
0 Likes
mochitokki
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
ah, soon, please soon
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
By the way I just want to remind everyone to disable any substratum themes because I'm pretty sure (?) it bricks your phone to keep them enabled during a software update
0 Likes
Galaxy S
It doesn't "brick" your phone!! - it ends up causing a System UI Crash - You can either fix it by a Factory Reset or possibly using adb to uninstall the overlays.
A Samsung that is actually really bricked is when you can't even boot into Download Mode! Even then you MIGHT be able to rescue it using J-tag... maybe

It's pretty difficult to ACTUALLY brick a Samsung device... And people who are saying that they "bricked" their Samsung are almost always completely clueless.
0 Likes