Original topic:

Hard press home button bug (S8)

(Topic created on: 04-21-2019 08:10 PM)
SHONG
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I just discovered this bug now, and it's annoying me a little bit.

When I go into settings and disable hard press, it still stays on like it was still enabled.

I can still change the pressure required to hard press, but the only problem is that it won't disable.

It reads off, but it still stays on, so it has to be some software bug.

Restarting my phone doesn't work, and I don't know how to fix it.

I only noticed it now, so I can only assume it is from the Pie update.

Please comment if this is happening to your s8/s9 so I can know if this is just my phone.
0 Likes
10 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It works on my Note9. That's strange. Try to wipe your cache but I highly doubt it will do anything. That may be a software bug which we can't fix ourselves
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You can't disable the home button. All that is doing is disabling the need to hard press the button to activate it. Its not really a bug... just bad wording.
0 Likes
SHONG
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I didn't mean to disable the home button. I was trying to disable the hard press. What is happening, is that the hard press would still go off (nothing to do with the home button), even when it is disabled.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Sorry, I misread. I have a Note 8 and don't have an issue. It does sound like it still thinks it's active despite disabling it and not reverting to its preset marker. Have you tried enabling it and testing the pressure sensor? See if it is sensing the different hard press settings?
0 Likes
SHONG
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yeah the sensor reading works and I can change the pressure settings without any problems. Strange to see that so far no one else has this problem...
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S

Did you go into Recovery and clear the cache partition after the Pie update? If so, I can't think of what else can be done short of a factory reset. Though maybe someone with an acutal S8/S9 would be able to confirm if it's prevalent to this specific model. @CHMultimedia and I both use Notes and don't have the issue.

0 Likes
SHONG
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have done the factory reset after the update, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. Other S8 users have reported the same issue, so it's definitely a software bug, so I guess there's nothing I can do at this point.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Hopefully Samsung will fix this bug in the next security patch update.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Hey if it is a software bug, do this:

1- Change the setting to ENABLE
2- Hard Press Home.
3- Change the setting to DISABLE
4- Hard Press Home
5- Open Samsung Members and go to Get Help
6- Select Send Comment
7- Add an error report.