Original topic:

Help! S8 has been lagging a lot

(Topic created on: 10-30-2017 06:48 AM)
spaminathan
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
My S8 had begun to lag a lot over the past few weeks. Music will skip sometimes, the volume control buttons stop responding, swiping notifications away leaves empty white space in place, and the most annoying of all, my navigation buttons will not come up when I swipe up. I'm not sure what is causing my phone to lag so much. I have about 12.5GB/800MB free for storage/RAM.

How do I troubleshoot and fix this?
10 Comments
Galaxy S
Try wiping the cache and see if that helps.
Turn off your phone, then press and hold Power+Volume up buttons, then select wipe cache, the reboot your phone
0 Likes
spaminathan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
This seemed to help a little. Thanks! But the navigation bar does still seem to lag sometimes. I think this might be a broader issue.
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Run device maintenance, see which app is causing problems. Uninstall them, clear caches and memory, then restart. It'll surely fix it.
0 Likes
spaminathan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
How do you tell which app is causing problems?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
if all the above solutions don't work you may need to backup and format and just reset your device
0 Likes
sikhness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
What's the best way to backup and reset your device so that all your app and settings remain?
0 Likes
Brndn
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I had some software that eats my ram while it says it is not. Try resetting app permission.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
use Samsung smart connect back everything up to your PC then reset your phone. then restore your phone back with smart connect
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @spaminathan, just trying to add in some additional resources in case you need a step-by-step walkthough on how you can back up your data and perform a factory reset. Please check out our support articles including: http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp/faq/1058404 and http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp/faq/401927

-Nick
0 Likes