Original topic:

Home screen ads

(Topic created on: 07-28-2017 02:05 AM)
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I really hope someone has any info on this because this is the second time I'm gonna have to hard reset my phone and its driving me insane. Today I've been getting random ads on my home screen with a really sketchy opt out page that tells you to download an app or input your IMEI number on the page to make the ads go away. All my apps are from Google play market so I don't know why this is happening. Ive checked running services in dev mode, deleted newly installed apps, tried air push detector and addons detector to no avail. This is the first time I've had this problem and its making me want to get rid of my phone, hell I feel like I should. Please tell me someone has a fix besides a hard reset 😭 50cbeca5-0e6d-404b-9e79-d73a9afb5ec6.jpg
e901ddb9-c7e1-4c56-aaee-c07fdf9c00c9.jpg
0 Likes
22 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
The ads have to be coming from a app you have put on your phone...
You could delete your apps 1 at a time and see which is doing the ads
0 Likes
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Actually it seems like I fixed it by yelling at my phone, seems like it interferes with cameras too so I yelled at my phone, told 'em I was broke and they getting no money out of me. As soon as I finished my rant the screen shut off, I opened my phone and the camera was back on and the ads stopped.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
What ever works for you.....
Galaxy S
lol ^^
0 Likes
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Nah I lied it didn't work. I've already tried doing this stuff tho so I'm probably gonna have to hard reset my phone again
0 Likes
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Okay so I've done everything from adware removers to knox security to removing ALL app permissions and thoroughly searching the running (and cached) services on my device, nothing is working, please for the love of God someone give me a fix besides another hard reset.
0 Likes
A11
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
These adds might come from free version of an app like Antivirus software, or Theme apps, icon apps basically any free version app or from one of your social media app where there might be a setting which allows adds to display on screen.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
hey when you see the ad, press the menu button to bring up running apps, the ad should be coming from one, after that you should be able to get the name of the app installed that's causing them. Then go to Settings - apps - all apps - find the app and disable/uninstall it. Hope that fixes it!
0 Likes
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Update: the culprit seems to be a Dianxin ad network, seems to keep placing itself on my phone and places two unreadable files in my downloads, I'm assuming for the ads. Going to zip the folder and check the log data I created
0 Likes