Original topic:

Home screen ads

(Topic created on: 07-28-2017 03:45 PM)
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I really hope someone has any info on this because this is the second time I'm gonna have to hard reset my phone and its driving me insane. Today I've been getting random ads on my home screen with a really sketchy opt out page that tells you to download an app or input your IMEI number on the page to make the ads go away. All my apps are from Google play market so I don't know why this is happening. Ive checked running services in dev mode, deleted newly installed apps, tried air push detector and addons detector to no avail. This is the first time I've had this problem and its making me want to get rid of my phone, hell I feel like I should. Please tell me someone has a fix besides a hard reset 😭 50cbeca5-0e6d-404b-9e79-d73a9afb5ec6.jpg
e901ddb9-c7e1-4c56-aaee-c07fdf9c00c9.jpg
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I looked into it and apparently Diaxin is related to ES file explorer, do you have that installed?
0 Likes
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Probably going to need a hard reset
0 Likes
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
No I don't have ES file explorer but alas, Dianxin is on my phone.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Do you have a file explorer of some sort installed aside from the one built into the device?
0 Likes
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I've just seen an Article talking about adware, if it's the same one they say I need to replace my device entirely. I've already hard reset my phone once this has happened before, and chances are I could've got it through large apps like Facebook or Twitter, apparently hackers repackage said apps with ad ware but leave the app function making it very hard to remove, pretty much impossible because it's been "trojanized". Its even been found in WhatsApp which is BUILT IN TO SAMSUNG PHONES. Honestly I'm tired of all the shit this s8 has put me through, first chance I get in switching to iphone.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Sorry you feel that way, yeah it's hard to find the balance, Android allow for freedom of creativity so you can basically do what you want with the device but it puts security at risk where Apple is closed off but very secure. But as for your matter at hand I guess hard reset might be your best bet. If you haven't tried this step then maybe attempt this first, clear the device of Dianxin as best as possible and then turn your phone off and then run it in recovery mode and try wiping the cache partition. it's helped with various other things and worth a shot over hard resetting.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
How did you hard reset. Becuase if you restore backup on the reset, thay culprit app is gonna come back. I prefer Samsung smart switch software initialization.
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Didn't think about that, that's a good recommendation
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Use appbrain ad detector. This app will show you all ad networks and apps connected to those network. Below is the link to that app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appspot.swisscodemonkeys.detector

When running this app go to show concerns than go to ad networks( this option is shown in tab) select the network that you previously said is a culprit. Selecting this network will show which app is a causing all this ads.
I hope this help.
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
As others have said it seems to be a malicious app. Hard to tell which one without looking myself. But this happened to my Mom once and that's what it was. Best of luck.
0 Likes