Original topic:

How Expensive Actually is a Burn-in Server Repair?

(Topic created on: 04-15-2020 09:16 PM)
brotzela09zz123
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have full understanding that burn in is a common issue, but how expensive actually is the repair? I haven't actually seen a full price of a screen (Panel, not the phone glass), but I would appreciate if anyone has a link to a somewhat affordable, or a regular priced repair at that. Thank you so much for your time and effort!
0 Likes
8 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
A screen repair costs as much as a regular display replacement. Here's Samsungs pricing:
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/out-of-warranty-repair-cost/

I'm not sure about any third party repairs, and I wouldn't recommend going through anyone except Samsung/Samsung certified repair places. It might cost more but you're getting a stock Samsung part and water resistance is maintained.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
ok, thanks! I appreciate your efforts in helping me! my phone was used by my dad, but neither of us know how it happened, just my observations would be having an excessively lit picture on screen.
0 Likes
Neaner
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I cannot get my sync wireless headphones by 50 Cent to connect Bluetooth to my Samsung Galaxy Edge 7...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
since they are wireless, I would try looking for your bluetooth application in settings and try looking for an update on either your bluetooth or phone, and if it persists, it may be your phone or headphones.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S

Take into consideration that if you take the cheaper (non authorized route) you may lose the IP68 water resistance rating.  If you pay more and go authorized, they will restore the IP68 rating.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Not to mention that they might use cheap knockoff replacement parts and not genuine ones, especially for the display.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S

@CHMultimedia

The use of "cheap" parts can be debatable... sometimes they are manufactured by the same factories that create the screens.  a lot of manufacturers in China have a "back door" shift, where the parts are shipped via the back door.  They are the same parts, just not stamped with the brand in order to be imported into countries like the USA without being  marked and confiscated as counterfeit by sustom agents.    Sometimes it's the exact same part in quality.  But yes, they can also get bad knock-offs.

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks for the help  @ CHMultimedi @ carr0498  @ JohnH  

Hey @ brotzela09zz123

I suggest you to get your device repaired by only authorized Samsung technician to avoid any trouble.

0 Likes