Original topic:

How do I transfer pics from a non working s6 edge to new s8+?

(Topic created on: 03-10-2018 06:59 PM)
canadianguy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello. I recently went to Dominican republic and had a mishap with my old phone galaxy s6 edge +. I bought a new phone today as I need it for work. new phone is a galaxy s8 + my old phone isn't recognizing being connected. How do I get the pics from my old phone to the new one? the pictures are important due to my sister's wedding so I would really like them back. Is their anything I can do?

thank you
0 Likes
8 Comments
Brando
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
What are you using to transfer them when it says it's not recognized?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
So, by your title, the S6 does not even turn on
Is that correct?
0 Likes
canadianguy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
that's correct s6 doesn't turn on
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Ouch. I'm sorry but there's little we can do. You should go to a Samsung Authorized Repair Center.

If the device does not turn on, no conventional way to access data is going to work.

To locate the nearest service center, go on the Assistance tab of the S Members app and select the "Locate services" option. And then follow the instructions.

It really sounds like your phone got a very serious "mishap" here.
0 Likes
canadianguy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Ok thank you. I will look into it.
0 Likes
Ross
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Did you have an SD card in your old phone?
Do you know if they may have been backed up on the cloud (Samsung/OneDrive/Google Drive) ?
Did you ever use Google Photos and are you currently using the same Gmail account with this phone as your old one?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Galaxy S6 does not come with external storage. Sorry to say but if your photos are on a S6 and the S6 won't even power on....then your options are limited. Either a) check your Samsung cloud or Google photos to see if they were synced. b) take your Samsung to a Samsung repair center and try to get the phone repaired without doing a factor reset.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @CHMultimedia, thanks for helping @canadianguy.

- Wonchul