Original topic:

How to Block Notifications on the lock screen (not hide content - but block)

(Topic created on: 12-01-2017 02:04 AM)
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Yeah I'm trying to figure out how to Block the Notifications from some apps - I can only see how to hide the Notification contents. While Samsung Experience is a significant improvement over TW - The UI is still not very intuitive and seems to have numerous (redundant & convoluted) methods to achieve some objectives and some procedures that are down right idiotic! ie: The absence of Power Notification controls - where you seem to be forced to Disable an app's notification - Then click on the app in Notifications - Change the level of the Notification for that app - BUT - You can only do this once without having to go back to Notifications - turn off the Notification for that app - click on the app and then you can change the Notification level for that app.. But only ONCE without having to repeat the process... The screen shot shows the Notifications some of which I want to Block completely (not hide content) 🐧

Thanks de77094f-0a22-4e21-991f-3c06998e2206.jpg
0 Likes
7 Comments
Brando
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Settings > Applications > (App you want to block) > Notifcations > Allow notifications
0 Likes
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yeah I know that - The thing is that you can't change it - And it's only hiding the content but not the app 4cac25ba-3fde-4463-a459-809f99164c33.jpg
0 Likes
Brando
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Did you mod/root Your phone?
0 Likes
A11
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
@shaggyskunk try to uninstall Ampere and see it might have got permission in the beginning of installing app for notification access by default.
0 Likes
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yeah I just posted the screen shot of Ampere as an example - The issue is that you can't change (or at least I haven't figured it out yet) the setting in the attached screen shot - This cumbersome UI is one of the things that I definitely prefer with Rooted devices and Custom Roms! 42fb3199-3333-4b61-b3c8-d233a5f48155.jpg
0 Likes
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
@Brando - No it's Stock Unrooted
0 Likes
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
@A1 Thanks for the reply - But as you can see from my previous post and screen shot uninstalling Ampere isn't the issue :)
0 Likes