Original topic:

How to Reset Samsung Galaxy S10, - Hard Reset & Soft Reset

(Topic created on: 07-07-2019 07:04 AM)
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, i saw this on Youtube and it explain the difference between a hard reset or a soft reset (Factory Settings)

I hope this guidelines can help you guys to solve some of your Samsung S10 problems.
0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy S
I'm "old school" - I've always used the hw buttons to Boot into Recovery 🐧
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Shaggy...what is the right way to do it finally ?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Cassidy - I don't think that there's necessarily a "right" way - But I've been Flashing Custom Roms for the last 10 years (until locked bootloaders) or so & I got into the habit of using a Custom Recovery to Factory Reset & Wipe Cache - Which is something that you do fairly regularly - Especially when you're testing Roms for Devs - Sometimes even multiple times in a single day... I just prefer seeing the Factory Reset actually taking place - Which you can't see if you have do it from Settings - My 2 cents 🙂🕊
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I would think doing it through the recovery console would be better and 'cleaner' as it works outside the OS partition? One would be going into the recovery partition to do the factory reset of the main OS partition. If doing it in settings, I would imagine it's not as thorough or 'clean' as it's working within the main OS partition itself. It can't do a clean partition wipe as its still working inside the main partition itself. I could be wrong on this thinking though?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Vic20 - Well I wish that Samsung Recovery would allow us to Wipe System (but I understand why Samsung won't enable that - because I'm sure that some people would wipe the system & then Boot to "No OS installed 🙄) If you could - like on Devices with Unlocked Bootloaders & Root (fortunately / unfortunately) you can Wipe the System & because part of the system is always reserved for Download Mode - You could Flash the Stock Samsung Firmware with Odin on a very clean system.... In the unlikely event that the need arise...
0 Likes