Original topic:

How to delete Workspace from personal use phone

(Topic created on: 08-31-2019 04:06 PM)
Sarah2019
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I have this Galaxy S7 for many years. I bought it for my personal use. Today when I was trying to clean up space to future use, I found Workspace took about 3 GB internal storage. I don't need this Knox Workspace for my personal phone, how can I remove it?

The place I found this Workspace is:

Device Maintenance -> Storage ->  Storage settings -> Device memory. 

"Workspace" is in the list which shows as 3.2GB. There are other items in the list, like "Available space", "System memory". 

0 Likes
5 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Can you elaborate on this? 🤷♂️
Or link to where you said it b4 🙈
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi Sarah2019. My advice is ask your company IT to remove knox workspace from your phone.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@ Shaggyskunk1, Workspace isn't for BYOD solution? If it is a personal phone, it shouldn't have workspace. I only see workspace in company phone scenario. I could be wrong thou.
0 Likes
cc57
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I added the app Workspace to my personal Samsung Galaxy 7 and now I cannot remove it. I can deactivate it but it will not allow me to remove it from my phone. I have been working with my IT department and they are telling me they may not be able to help me because it is my personal phone. I want to buy a new phone but I do NOT want to clone this onto a new phone.  It used up all my memory AND it encrypted my phone. I hate this app. Can anyone help me with this?

0 Likes
Abc1278
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Just had this problem myself and even though this is an old post, someone may need the answer like i did.

Go into workspace (turn it on if you disabled it)

Workspace settings

General

Account

Delete associated accounts

Then

At the bottom of workspace settings

Click uninstall 

It'll take your accounts off and get rid of all workspace apps.