Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

I suspect a neighbour keeps breaking into my Samsung account

(Topic created on: 09-23-2019 10:16 AM)
Dukovich
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I live in a tight apartment building complex so quite a few people are inside my wifi 'circle'.  A lot of poor, angry people live here who can't afford internet, and quite a few dislike me because I refuse to associate with these people due to the fact that they have no basic human decency. They are also angry that I work for a living.  ANYWAY, I have gone to my Samsung internet and found that the search history was totally foreign to me, which tells me that my Samsung internet is being hacked.
Secondly (and this is my fault) I accidentally, through indiscriminate handling of my phone while physically busy, accidentally added about 5 of my beginning contacts to be able to view my profile (some of these contacts were unfortunately building contacts) on my Samsung contacts list which listed my emergency info. They had access to my list of meds and of me stating in my profile that 'if I am found dead it is not suicide as I do not believe in it'.
My list of meds makes it clear that I have depression issues and also take pain meds. The neighbour(s) who got accidental access seemed to have the ACCESS TO EDIT everything, which is REALLY the point. How can these people have access to edit???? They changed my emergency info to say "if I am found OD'd it is suicide, it's my choice".
This hurt me. But more important than that, I want to keep my emergency part of my profile filled out but I don't feel safe anymore.
How can I ensure that my Samsung is unhackable (as in me finding my Samsung internet with unrecognizable searches that someone else did) and how can I ensure that contacts cannot get into my profile?
I feel like Samsung is not as secure as, say, Google, as no one has ever APPARANTLY hacked my Google account.
So what have I failed to do to secure my Samsung account?
I also have a Samsung smart TV, is that making a weakness? Are people accessing my Samsung through my tv?  I just basically have a feeling that Samsung is a leaky boat application vs., say, Google, Yahoo, or Firefox/Duck Duck Go.
If someone can help me secure my Samsung account to an 'iron clad' level I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

0 Likes
11 Comments
Dukovich
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
You have given me valuable info. Thank you for taking your time out. I won't waste my time with the VPN then.
Solution
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
no problem!