Original topic:

I want to break my S9, trash! ☠

(Topic created on: 06-07-2018 11:10 AM)
Bing
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
I can't update the June update. Connect smart switch and it doesn't show update icon.

What the hell is this man. I have issues with phone that apparently software fixes but I can't update what the hell
0 Likes
Galaxy S
No Odin does NOT void the warranty - You're Flashing the Stock Samsung Firmware. You just need to know what you're doing.
Odin is a software tool that was developed by Samsung anyway - If you're going to use Odin - you need at least version 3.13.1 for Oreo devices.
Personally I'd go the Factory Reset option first.. but if that doesn't work then Odin..
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Sorry I don't wanna take risk if u ask me to know what I'm doing
0 Likes
Galaxy S
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model
Kevin1973
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
so your phone has totally stopped working without the update then? lol
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Then you know how to Factory Reset at least? Do that.. As for Smart Switch you have to open the app on your computer and select the Update Software Tab - far right...
Strange that out of the millions of people who have the S9 series you seem to be the only one who is having difficulties...
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Resetting is too much! I only got the phone 2 months ago and already reset. I'll wait till July 2 and see if I get second update, if not I take to Samsung store. I've 58gb data, backing up and restoring will take a lot of time.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Don't factory reset. The update is not even on the server side. In fact it seems like they pulled the May update for the Canadian S9/S9+ for some reason...

Wonchul, was the recent ARE6 update removed from the servers at all?
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You can't update either?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Don't know why they would have pulled the June 4th OTA (IF in fact they did) There's zero issues with the update - No issues with Reboots - Calls - Data - WiFi - GPS etc etc etc 🐧
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm checking the update servers, the update disappeared from them... so it really seems like it.
0 Likes