Highlighted
Active Level 7
Telus representative said over the phone that they didn't get the Nougat from Samsung because they don't want it. They said it's full of bugs on Pixel and Nexus 6 phones so they will not launch the update on GS7/GS7 Edge.

So we have only 3 options to get the long expected update

1. Flash it with Odin

2. Change the CSC and force the update from another carriers or

3. Change the carrier (Telus)

Looks like Telus is skipping the Nougat update.

21 Comments
Highlighted
Active Level 7
Nick, what do you say about this? I would appreciate your comment.
Highlighted
Looking into this! Will let you guys know as soon as possible. (I should also mention for other users in this thread that by flashing firmware you risk damaging your device and voiding warranty support). -Nick
Highlighted
Hey @Pop, Telus has plans for Nougat release for S7 and S7E devices. I'm not sure where that representative got that information. -Nick
Highlighted
Active Level 3
thanks Nick for the clarification
Highlighted
Active Level 7
thanks Nick for info. I'm glad you step up. I couldn't believe it neither but telus is so quiet and there is no any coming updates for gs7/gs7 edge on their update schedule web page. so I thought those rumors could be true. I hope you got this info from telus and I would ask you to get from them if possible approximate time about pushing nougat out
Highlighted
Active Level 7
Hey @Nick I think Samsung should try and make update dates more accessible instead of people having to guess and get wrong information. Just a suggestion.
Highlighted
Active Level 3
1 and 3
Highlighted
Active Level 7
me too musmus24
1 and 3
Highlighted
Active Level 3
This is just disappointing!