Original topic:

Info for Telus costumers

(Topic created on: 03-17-2017 04:08 AM)
Pop
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Telus representative said over the phone that they didn't get the Nougat from Samsung because they don't want it. They said it's full of bugs on Pixel and Nexus 6 phones so they will not launch the update on GS7/GS7 Edge.

So we have only 3 options to get the long expected update

1. Flash it with Odin

2. Change the CSC and force the update from another carriers or

3. Change the carrier (Telus)

Looks like Telus is skipping the Nougat update.

Pop
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I heard this from a friend and I post this here and on a telus official website. neither samsung's nor teluses representatives are denying this. so must be true and if it is, it's very disappointing and will not wait for my contract to end, I will buy myself out and I will stay far far from useless telus. very poor communications with their costumers.
0 Likes
chriz98
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm waiting till March 20th and if not released by then ... I'll flash with Odin...
0 Likes
Foxcroft1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
change your CSC code to Bell and get the update. it doesn't void your warranty. and it's an official update. plus your Telus sim will still work in your phone. I changed the CSC to Bell and got the update. I wanted the security patch and Samsung pass.
0 Likes
Pop
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
do you change the csc back to telus after the update?
0 Likes
Foxcroft1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
no. no need to if my Telus sim still works for it. under network settings my phone is still officially Telus. Everything is the same. just changed CSC to Bell that's all. although it would be interesting to find out if android N will still be there if I change it back to Telus
Pop
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
that's what I'm trying to find out. thanks Foxcroft1
0 Likes
GerryJH
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I changed mine back to Koodo. Still have Nougat.
0 Likes
Foxcroft1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't think after you upgrade to a new OS and change the CSC it would downgrade because it's already on your phone.
han1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thnks nick I wish telus get the update soon
MrRogers
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Samsung.... and google need to step the hell up... honestly I'm with Rogers and I still have either October or November security update !! honestly I as well will consider buying direct and not from carrier and never Samsung again. because
1. my screen has a pink/purple line down the right side of phone
2. updated software (a.)os (B)SECURITY
YOU COMPANY'S UNFORTUNATLY DON'T SEEM TO CARE OR PUT THAT PERCEPTION OUT TO EVERYONE. if I bought a 1000$(when I signed up with rogers) phone a flagship I expect proper service and customer respect.

tell everyone what reason should rogers or Samsung be in charge of software updates... seems like purely greedy corporate interests....
after you buy a phone the expectations of hardware qaulity and also of qaulity software does not truley exist. seems you want ppl to buy a new phone every 6 months bc nothing else explains the lack of immediate security patches honestly Google should directly update all android systems... just an irritation that almost has me ready to simply sell the phone and buy a Google pixel and say no more samsung