Original topic:

Introduction and question

(Topic created on: 03-18-2018 09:57 PM)
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
Hey everyone, I'm Fred and just recently joined the Samsung Galaxy family when I  bought a used s6 Edge. I like the device, especially the edges. I'm not sure if I'm having battery issues. I know it only has a 2600 mAh battery which I was surprised by, but does it seem normal that after starting the day at about 7 am at 100%, that  around 10-11 it's at about 30-20%? Also, it seems to get pretty warmed up at different times of the day. I've checked it through Device Maintenance and it checks out fine. I've factory reset the phone as well.
16 Comments
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
If you use your phone a fair bit, your battery life seems normal.
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Ok. I do. And I had thought about that, too. Based on some reviews, though, thought that maybe it should be lasting a little longer.
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Try turning off a few things such as ; auto rotate... location and things like that to help save battery power ... also chexk and see if you're in Battery Saving mode as well as check and see if you're phone is optimized for battery saving ... Hope this helps some .. Good luck and welcome to the Samsung Family!
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yeah, I've done must of those things when I need to conserve it. Thanks for the tips!
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Most welcome... also keep an eye on the heating up of the battery.. if it continues then contact a repair center or Samsung support .. my hubby and I had to send our S6's in to have the batteries replaced because of the overheating.
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
That's the real clincher right there was how hot it would get.
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
If I were you I'd be contacting support about it for sure.
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yeah, I contacted them through Live Chat already once. But what they had me do didn't change anything, be so I'm going to contact them again. Thanks
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @AmeriCanuck, could you please try to factory reset your device and see if battery life changes? Thanks!

- Wonchul