Original topic:

KOREAN SK TELECOM version S7 edge Mobile data

(Topic created on: 10-19-2019 12:42 AM)
Uchenna11
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello! Please I just got this korean version S7 edge and I have tried everything possible to get the mobile data on all to no avail. Please is there something I'm missing??
4 Comments
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
you may have to set your APN settings, which carrier are you with?
0 Likes
진시형
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
do try to see if your sim card gave the correctvapn settings first. if they are populated. (i mostly had korean phones and used them here in canada) if so try For korean models go in your dialer. dial 319712358 Then it will ask for a password. Since you are with SKT dial 996412. it should pop up a menu and from there you would be able to go to your 3g/ lte settings and force them on. Korean models use different lte bands. Some overlap with ours and those will let you access lte. Just be careful with options in there.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I think you have a Canada S7 Edge. Check if your model number is SM-G935W8.

If that's the case, your device may lack the network bands used in Korea.

Or perhaps are you trying to use your SM-G935S in Canada? The reverse applies as well, your device may lack the network bands used in Canada by your carrier.

In any case, I'd recommend contacting your carrier for more information on network bands.
0 Likes
진시형
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I used an skt samsung s7 before in canada. korea and and canada have similar bands. You just need to give it a little nudge by forcing it to scan for lte through the skt dial code menu.
0 Likes