Original topic:

Keyboard adding double space instead of single space

(Topic created on: 03-10-2020 02:13 PM)
joejmatt
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Ever  since  the  latest  update  to  One  UI 2  on my  S9+..  My  keyboards  (both the  Samsung  keyboard  and  Gboard  )  are  adding  double  spaced..  and  apparently even  double  periods..

I have  already checked my settings  for both Gboard  and  Samsung  keyboard:

I have  also  tried  turning  off  Auto-correction..

Please  help..
0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy S
Here are some suggestions:

- Open Settings→ Apps→3 dots on right hand top→ Show system apps

Locate Gboard→ Storage
Clear data and clear cache

Locate Samsung Keyboard→ Storage
clear Data and clear cache

If above suggestions not work, you may consider the below suggestion.

After the Android 10 update. It is recommend go to the recovery mode to perform a Cache Partition Wipe.
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy S

@joejmatt

Please follow the steps suggested by @Tallman and also try reset keyboard settings to default.

Follow below steps to reset keyboard settings:

Open settings >> general management >> Language and input >> on-screen keyboard >> select Samsung keyboard >> reset to default settings.)

0 Likes
Novelh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am having the same problem but with S20+. I tried both suggestions here but nothing worked. The only time it uses single space is when swipe typing. Have you found a solution to this? It happens with any keyboard. I've tried Samsung, Gboard, Swiftkey and they all do the same thing. 

0 Likes
Ryanmc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I was having the same problem. I tried all the suggestions but they did not work. However, restarting my phone a few times eventually fixed it.

0 Likes
Members_gy4hAMA
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I hate this, having to always recheck my typing and remove the extra space, if anyone works out how to do this please let me know. I want to reset this to a single space after the full stop, it's seriously doing my head in.

0 Likes
bkid
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm getting this too and it's so frustrating. Switching away from the samsung keyboard and using the google one fixed it for me. But it's always like this with samsung, they replace a perfectly fine and working google component with a broken samsung one. I can say this, I'm definitely getting a pixel next time. 

0 Likes