Original topic:

Low resolution Contact photos

(Topic created on: 03-19-2019 10:12 AM)
David169
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Upon getting an galaxy s10 I've noticed when syncing in the Contacts app that contacts from my Google account all have low resolution photos, when I try to update the contact with a higher resolution once its stays until another sync occurs and then that same new image I just set is re-applied only just as a low resolution version... This is super frustrating. Once work around I found was that if you install Google contacts app it does seem to pull all the high resolution contact photos and even updates the photos in Samsungs contacts app... Still extremely frustrating but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks.
3 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
odd. old contact photos are low resolution on my phone, but new photos are standard resolution.

it could be a bug with one ui. Otherwise I'm not sure what the source could be ^^
0 Likes
Galaxy S
this is the same thing I have noticed on my past few devices, I'll spend so much time updating all my contact pictures and then whenever I get a new phone all the contact pictures become very low resolution... so I just gave up as I don't have time to update all my contact pictures whenever I get a new phone....(which is every year)
0 Likes
Cure33
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

On my S7 I could at least edit contacts with HD photo and make it stay in place. Now, on my new S10e the HD pic is removed and replaced with Google's low res contact photo after every reboot or resync. Very irritating.

0 Likes