Original topic:

Moisture Detected Error on S20 Plus

(Topic created on: 04-19-2020 12:56 PM)
SingingAngel
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

My daughter has a Galaxy S20 Plus.  We pre-ordered our new phones and received them March 2nd.  25 days after we received our new phones, my daughter got the "Moisture Detected" Error.  The phone was NEVER around any liquid or moisture.  We tried all the tips and tricks from online posts and forums but nothing worked.  I contacted Customer Service and after 2 hours going back and forth with them, I was finally able to get her a replacement phone.  A week after we got it, the same error appeared.  After clearing the USB Settings cache and restarting, the error went away.  But today, the error is back and this time it isn't going away. These are brand new phones we spend a lot of money on and it's not acceptable.  My daughter has submitted a bug report, but I also wanted to report it here because I think this is a software bug and Samsung needs to fix it.   I've seen others reporting the same issue, so I know we are not the only ones.

7 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @ SingingAngel

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please back up your phone data using a smart switch or to Samsung cloud and visit any nearest Samsung authorized service centers so that the technician will examine the phone to determine the root cause of the issue.

Please note : Due to COVID-19 precautions, Service center operation hours may be impacted considering local situation. Kindly call service center before your visit.

0 Likes
Aaron257
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
it's a Software Problem not a hardware. I have the same problem. If u have an emergency to charge.Restart your phone and connect the cable once the SAMSUNG (the one with the animation) logo appears not before or after it
this method will bypass it for your. The best thing to do is to backup everything and do a Full Factory Reset. Trust me I've done every single thing what the internet and Samsung told me to do and after 3-4 Factory resets it's ok. but not completely solved it shows up when I charge my phone switched off. I used to completely switch off to charge my phone more faster without any distractions but this **bleep** keeps bugging me . I've had this problem for a year and nothing solves it. they told me I got a bad port so I went to the Samsung authorized service centre since my warranty's over I paid 90 bucks and even changed the **bleep** port but still it shows up and the fast charge is also not working I use the original adapter and cable I even bought a fresh one but nothing works . I would appreciate if Samsung takes a look into this problem it's a good thing to have a moisture alert but it shouldn't be causing a problem where I couldn't even charge my phone . I can use wireless but I spent a 1000 bucks for a smartphone I want to utilize it to it's full potential .They tell it's a Hardware issue but it's not Many people are having this problem and I dont know why this is never been taken care off .

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I think the only way to help with this problem is when buying a case with protective port covers but like you I think it's a application bug
0 Likes
Aaron257
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
my phone never touched any kind of liquid substance and I use a fully covered bumper case .
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

my phone never touched any kind of liquid substance 

i know, S20 series have many many bugs, a lot of people are waiting for a bugs fix update and like you say  it's not acceptable.  

0 Likes
kwnwn
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have a regular s20 and never heard of anything like that before
hope Samsung fixes ur problem
0 Likes
Darkhuman
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have an S20 plus and my phone never did that got it the day it was released
0 Likes