Original topic:

Multiple problems after update(s)

(Topic created on: 02-29-2020 12:13 AM)
j0n
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
After a year of using my Galaxy S10+ I've recently encountered 3-5 problems, ranging from annoying to serious.

1) Swiping down from the middle of the screen for notifications STILL isn't working properly (even after the recent Good Lock update)

2) My phone is freezing. A lot. Sometimes on an image for minutes. Sometimes until I hard restart.
(I noticed it's happened while playing a video or viewing Instagram)

3) My phone also went black for an extended amount of time. This one kind of worried me, as I had lots of battery left. I Googled it and learned this does happen from time to time.

4) The Samsung browser won't open hyperlinks. I have to long hold the link until it says "open in new tab".

5) My sd card disappears, then after a restart it shows up again.

There's a few more minor problems, but all at once it seems like a lot. Am I the only one who has noticed the latest update kind of threw things off a little? Either way, I hope the newest update fixes them.
7 Comments
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I had some oddities following Android 10 update on my S10+ but after doing a factory wipe and setting up the device fresh issues went away. I would suggest that you do the same. What you are describing is certainly not normal.
Galaxy S
Have you tried performing a Factory Reset (After backing up your device with Smart Switch)?
A Factory Reset will often correct most issues - Particularly the "freezing" & "block screen" issues - Providing there are no hardware problems.

FWIW - I always perform a Factory Reset after any Android version update & always boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache after ANY Security Patch OTA.
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

1. Turn off the task changer in Good Lock and try it and turn back on to see if it still works. 

2. Lack of storage could be the cause of freezing, try wipe cache partition.

3. Mostly a Soft reset could fix the black screen issue.

4. Try Clear cache and data for the Samsung browser app.

5. Remove and re-Insert the SD card then check. Hope it will help you.

otherwise, as @Shagggyskunk1 suggested, you can try a Factory reset( Before performing Factory Reset, Don't forget to backup your data using Samsung smart switch or Samsung cloud)

0 Likes
Galaxy S
With so many problems, factory reset is a solution. As problem#1 is an known issue with Goodlock task changer. The rest problems should be resolved by reset.
0 Likes
j0n
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks for the responses. As of right now I have 12gb free of storage and 4.2gb free in ram.

Factory resetting my phone isn't an option, so I'll try wiping cache partition and clearing cache from the browser (while waiting with my fingers crossed for an update to correct things)
Thanks.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I would Give this a go first then...
@Cassidy
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices/td-p/3156063
Silly updates 🤦‍♂️
0 Likes
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I have these issues and my battery is really bad, I factory reset my S10+ and did a cache wipe. Two updates before, my phone was really good. Now it's really bad.
0 Likes