My final Thoughts On One Ui (9.0)

(Topic created on: 02-07-2019 02:28 PM)
TeaDoh
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
-PROS
  • it's SO MUCH snappier and faster. (very noticeable difference 
  • the navigation bar gestures are amazing (can finally use full screen mode with out have to keep sliding up the nav bar) 
  • The animations/ transitions are so smooth 
  •  really like the integrated night mode (was always using a 3rd party night theme)
  • it's ergonomically easier to use (basically the main purpose of the update) 
  • Made my phone feel like a bran new phone.
-CONS
  • The new sounds, sound VERY cheesy in my opinion (ex, charging sound screenshot sound) personally I liked the old one better, sounded more subtle and modern. 
  • I would rather the time in the status bar to be either in the middle or back on the right side(it just doesn't feel natural being on the left Imo) 
  • For the night mode I wish the bubbles were black instead of the dark grey colour
Those are my thoughts on the new One Ui update. Let me know if you guys agree/disagree on my thoughts on the update aswell share your thoughts about the new One Ui. 
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
the official release is out...
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I got it super early this morning on Telus. Did you get it yet?
Aniket
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
no man... I'm with Rogers .. and I did got an update this morning but it was just a security patch .. ☹️
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
the time has to be on the left as the UI is made for the S10 and the camera holes on the right side
0 Likes
Dreams1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Would of been nice if they left the old icons. Allowing you to pick between the new and the old . shame. these are so ugly. Make the s line seem like some cheap budget phone .
KWEEN101
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
quit complaining about icons as I have no idea what they look like lol just download a free theme and problem solved
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
There's no theme with all Line icons from UX.8x/9.x.

And the only good theme doesn't work with OneUI properly
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I WANT ROUTINES BACK!
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @TeaDoh,

Thanks for writing up such a detailed list of your impressions, it's always nice to see what we can improve on!

Also @everyone, thanks as well for the feedback in this thread 😊 I'm reading all the comments—it's very much appreciated and noted!

Cheers,
Sabrina
meep
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
DEX without DEXpad. awesome. though I'll seldomly use it. Haha. though there are some issues with app screen rotation. Facebook recognizes DEX as a tablet and suggests rotating the tablet for landscape view, however DEX doesnt interface with it to tell Facebook app go use landscape view.
0 Likes