Original topic:

New Update - S8

(Topic created on: 04-03-2019 08:14 AM)
SymHasken
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Just got the new update for my Samsung S8 and quite frankly, I hate it. I feel as though Samsung doesn't want us to be able to personalize our phones for us, to individualize it. I don't want my phone to be just like the next person's. And quite frankly the new update is throwing some hard iPhone vibes. Don't get me wrong, when I first opened my phone, I enjoyed it, but as I started going through it, I liked it less and less. Too bad there isn't a back button for updates. I would be smashing that back button so fast.

Why can't I personalize Messages anymore? I genuinely hate the hospital white theme and I will NOT download themes from the galaxy store. I like looking at them, I think they're nice; on someone else's phone, not mine.  I like personal themes for myself, my lockscreen is my latest trip, my home screen is of my late dog, and messages used to be me and my bf. 

I know the changes that I'm most upset with are small in comparison to all of the changes that happened with the update but they're big to me. And with them being so small, why change it? If I wanted a simpleton phone with very little personalization, I would've gone with iPhone, and now with this update, we're already half way there...

18 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You can actually rollback the update

SymHasken
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Oh good! How exactly? I've searched online and either the directions make no sense or don't work for my phone. 

0 Likes
blueberry81
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
how can I do this?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
For the most part I really like the update to One UI (especially on my S9+) But Samsung's decision to block Substratum & other Overlays is ridiculous & serves no purpose other than to help Samsung's inept & pathetic "themes" - Fortunately for the time being my S9+ is unaffected by Samsung's idiotic decision regarding the importance of being able to customize your phone!
SymHasken
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Right?! Its great that Samsung supports this "art form" but I truly believe that those who will use it, do and those who don't, won't. And will eventually get so fed up and do away with their Samsung phone. 

0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I hate it too, battery is much worse cant completely hide the navigation bar and overall seems laggy compared to Oreo.
worst part is I'm using a note 8 so this is the firmware I'll be stuck with.
Galaxy S
The battery is just as good or better than on Oreo & I don't see any lag at all - But I Factory Reset before & after applying the One UI OTA - The ONLY thing that I don't like is that Samsung has blocked Substratum Themes on the S8 series & Note8 One UI 😡
Fortunately it's not blocked on the S9 series & Note9 One UI... Yet...
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I can completely hide the navigation bar. But it's taking some time to get used to swiping up for the three actions as it's a little clunky.
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
As for lag, enable developer options and then change the three animation delays to 0.5 seconds.
0 Likes