Original topic:

New Update - S8

(Topic created on: 04-03-2019 08:14 AM)
SymHasken
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Just got the new update for my Samsung S8 and quite frankly, I hate it. I feel as though Samsung doesn't want us to be able to personalize our phones for us, to individualize it. I don't want my phone to be just like the next person's. And quite frankly the new update is throwing some hard iPhone vibes. Don't get me wrong, when I first opened my phone, I enjoyed it, but as I started going through it, I liked it less and less. Too bad there isn't a back button for updates. I would be smashing that back button so fast.

Why can't I personalize Messages anymore? I genuinely hate the hospital white theme and I will NOT download themes from the galaxy store. I like looking at them, I think they're nice; on someone else's phone, not mine.  I like personal themes for myself, my lockscreen is my latest trip, my home screen is of my late dog, and messages used to be me and my bf. 

I know the changes that I'm most upset with are small in comparison to all of the changes that happened with the update but they're big to me. And with them being so small, why change it? If I wanted a simpleton phone with very little personalization, I would've gone with iPhone, and now with this update, we're already half way there...

18 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

"

Revert to Oreo

Don't like Pie? It's okay, not all pie flavours suits everyone. DOING SO WILL FORMAT YOUR PHONE. REMOVE YOUR SD CARD BEFORE YOU PROCEED.

Reboot into Download Mode. Open Odin and click on BL. In the popup window, navigate to the Canada FW folder and select the file that starts with BL. Repeat for AP, CP and CSC. Hit start. And you are back on the classic dual-tone cookie."

You're going to need this: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av9nrwh43L-a33P1vpWypeZVyR4I

Get the Standard Package with Odin, and download your device's Oreo file. Follow those instructions and you're good to go

AH
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I do not like this all the white messages board now, it's horrible, give us the option to change please!
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Shaggyskunk1 , I used to get 10+ hrs ost on Oreo , now I'm lucky to 4hrs . This is just a half baked imitation of IOS in my opinion. had to edit because even the keyboard is wonky!
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I use lots of widgets & I usually get 6 - 8 hours of SOT - I also have the Display at max resolution & don't use any Samsung Battery Saving - Did you Factory Reset?
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Not yet , I was hoping I didn't have to go that route but due to so many issues I might have to.
0 Likes
SAB69
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I agree
ive notice some of my apps not working properly now after the update and I also noticed and dislike how the battery option let you put apps to sleep and now after the update It doesn't. :(
0 Likes
sharon16
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
This new update is horrible. I've been upset all day that I cant personalize n customize my messages. absolutely hate it 😔
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Nothing wrong with change and improvements and all that... but this is pretty bad. Should be good for anyone to revert by going to sammobile.com and finding your correct phone model. I'd use the CSC and NOT home_CSC to get it done good. The BL versions match between last Oreo/first Pie just for this reason i think. So at least Samsung has given the choice to revert. If you are brave enough to take it a step further you could install twrp and switch back and forth between the 2 to see if any improvements are made... hopefully posts like these are being heard. My main issue is opening Samsung apps at half screen or having them "jump" half screen.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Unfortunately with the Locked Bootloaders on the Snapdragon devices - TWRP is not an option
🐧
0 Likes