Original topic:

New update on S9 plus

(Topic created on: 08-20-2019 03:07 AM)
Meet
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Who here has just updated to latest security patch update and noticed that phone has slowed down immediately after installing that update. I am facing it right now.
15 Comments
Galaxy S
No issues with the August Security Patch OTA for me - But if you are noticing that your device feels slower - Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache (I always do fwiw).

To Boot into Recovery:

Power OFF your device;

Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume UP - Wait until you feel the phone vibrate - Release ALL Three buttons - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu - Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Cache - Select with the Power button - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu defaults back to Reboot now - Select with the Power button - Done (Penguin) : )
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Dude stop with your useless cache wiping. It's drastically slower and there's nothing that placebo method will enhance.
You 100% have it too and there's nothing you can do about it. This goddamn update is slow as molasses. I even noticed it before reading anyone else's complains. Just go look over reddit
Munstacat
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
Updated and noticed right away. Apps are taking drastically longer to open now..
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
yes. it's nuts
Meet
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yes that's what I am talking about !!
0 Likes
IBGS20U
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yeah same here. I should have skipped the update and stayed with the July update.
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
same here
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Galaxy S
@theonecid - I don't see any difference in opening any apps - between my S10+ and S9+

Reddit is the craigslist of tech.

Dude.