Original topic:

No service in notification panel won't go away

(Topic created on: 09-19-2017 08:55 PM)
Chris74
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Sometime when I dont have signal(when I go in basement for example), no signal appear in notification panel. After that when I get in areas where I have signal, the notification wont disappear. I call, I text, browse internet and the notification is still there. See pics. If I restart it will disappear, but same thing happen after that if I go out of coverage area.
Any thoughts what might cause this?ad40bdb9-d242-4546-97bf-ec3da9509771.jpg
c0aacead-af28-40d8-b66f-0f251193b8ae.jpg
0 Likes
9 Comments
Chris74
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I just capture the screen as was sending the log to this forum, and same time no service message was active...so u get a better idea ed080278-2e52-4b1d-94e9-db1cfe269425.jpg
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It's weird but quick on and off aeroplane mode should get your network back.
0 Likes
Chris74
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Goid idea. I'll try
0 Likes
Mds96
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes try the airplane mode trick. But a simple reboot should be able to solve the issue also.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Have you checked to see what happens when you select that notification? You might want to re setup your network, there are steps you can follow through your carrier or I believe they can set it up for you by sending you the settings. I know for Freedom, when I got my new device they pushed a network settings update file to my device and then I just had to install it. Might help with removing whatever bug is causing the message to stay there because I noticed in your screenshot it also has the message at the bottom of your screen that says "Emergency Calls Only"
0 Likes
Chris74
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yes I installed their settings when they push them.. funny thing is that it shows Emergency calls Only...but everything works perfect, calls, messaging, browsing. Just that the message wont disappear.
...and yes I select the notification and it gets me into where I search for network operators and once I click to search for them it ask me if I want to disconnect from network ... its not a connection issue ...more like the message wont disappear once Im back into network
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah, I was hoping the network reset would clear the UI bug similar to a cache reset for apps but I guess not lol

You could always try remote support to see if they can help or try Wiping Cache Partition through recovery mode to see if that helps, It's usually used to help clear out old and outdated stored data so maybe there's something stored that's causing the issue. Hope that helps😊
0 Likes
Galaxy S
This has happened to me in the past and the airplane mode trick solved it!
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
If your problem isn't solved yet, try network reset from back and reset from settings. Also see if you network selection is set to automatic and not manual. That should solve your problem.
0 Likes