Choquette67
Active Level 4
Hey guys.

Just got my new S10+ and I've notice that when my screen is asleep, I don't receive any notifications until I either lift the device or push the power button to wake it up.

I've checked my battery optimization settings, made sure the apps I wanted weren't controlled in the background  and nothing fixes the issue. 

Has anyone ever had that issue and does anybody know of a work around or solution ?

Thanks,
6 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
I don't have this issue on my Note9.
You can try checking those threads https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/537843-notifications-not-working-when-screen-sleeping-2.html
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/907457-push-notifications-not-working-while-screen-off-2.html

Sorry I can't be more helpful as I don't have an S10+ or experienced this issue or have found a definitive answer to this issue
EO1
Beginner Level 4
I am having the same issue and i dont know what to do.
Choquette67
Active Level 4
thanks. I tried setting my battery optimization to optimal and manually changed the settings. I'll see it fixes the issue.
BloodWolfe
Active Level 6
I had this for a while on my Note 8 and still sometimes happena intermittently. No idea what's causing it and/or how to fix it. I went through all settings and several phone resets with no luck. I think the Nov security update fixed it but thunk the Feb security update bugged me out again. It's weird but you're not alone with that issue.
Choquette67
Active Level 4
I'll continue to search for a fix and share here if it works out to be good. can you please do the same on your end please ?
BloodWolfe
Active Level 6
If I find a reliable fix absolutely, but it was an issue for me that started sometime end of summer/early fall then seemed to be fixed with Nov patch and now back since Feb patch. Really odd but ya if I figure this out I'll update as well. I'll bookmark this topic.