Original topic:

OLED burn in Navigation Bar

(Topic created on: 08-05-2017 08:15 AM)
sentone
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
So far my agalaxy s8 experience has been complicated, unsolved problems with the falty fingerprint sensor, my earbuds stopped working and Samsung never replaced ileggally violating the consumers right and lack of customer service.

now a new chapter of this novel is starting. I got my phone on April 4th, and today August 4 I noticed that the area of the display where the navigation buttons are located is showing signs of burn in.

it is really noticeable when using a white background.

is anyone facing the same problem?
0 Likes
8 Comments
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I am also experiencing burn in on my OLED screen. I got my phone late May and see burn in of the navigation bar and some Google maps icons.

I recently spoke with tech support, I was told to bring it to a Samsung authorized repair shop close to me and get it checked out and have the screen replaced. I would advise you to call in or connect through their live support to resolve the issues you're facing.
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Contact your carrier too they might help as well.
0 Likes
ynnadltx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Reason why you always get device insurance. If you get a new one the just follow the steps in this link. super easy to do. Hides nav/status bars without rooting device.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-galaxy-s8+/themes/hide-navigation-bar-root-t3599909
0 Likes
sentone
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
after the last update you can hide the nav/status natively. no need for root (that cancel the warranty) or third apps.
0 Likes
sentone
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
also device insurance is horrible the premium usually cost more than to replace the screen.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @sentone, I'm sorry to hear about all the issues you've been having with the S8. I've already forwarded your information to the team so somebody should be reaching out to you shortly (if they haven't already) via email to help you with your earbuds. As for the burn-in, you may also bring this up in the same email with our customer service rep so we can get it sorted out.

-Nick
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
ya i actually shut off the always on display because I'm afraid that this may happen to my screen.
0 Likes