Original topic:

Passcode/password

(Topic created on: 06-29-2020 07:39 PM)
Cepoka
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I own an S20+, every morning I’m required to swipe and enter my password to unlock my phone.  Can this be changed, like say to every 3rd day like my note9 was?  I’d rather just rely on my biometric face/finger.. any ideas.

thanks

0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy S
Was Note 9 able to enter password every 3rd day?
Cepoka
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I had my phone set to reboot once a week, the longest I was able to go without having to enter PW was every 3rd day. my new phone wants it everyday... pain in the arse
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Hmm, it could be an unlock during the night or in your pocket which may be triggering the biometric unlock. When failing to register, it switches to Swipe or Password to unlock. (thats my theory). Try enabling accidental touch protection under settings. And double check the restart schedule.
neals
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
think you have optimization on in smart manager so that it reboots phone at like 3.00am when ur sleeping thats why it requires password unlock. goto smartmanager then 3 dots in top right corner/advanced
Cepoka
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sunday was my only selected day for reboot, I'll turn it off and see if I still have to log in with my PW in the morning instead of face/finger. thanks for the info
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Cepoka,

All phones that have a Fingerprint scanner require the Password/PIN after booting the device. After that, it will use the FingerPrint Scanner. That's by design and is a security measure placed by Google.

Please check the option provided by the @neals, and get back to us with the result.

Thanks, @neals, and others for providing information and helping each other.

Cepoka
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thanks for the tips and information, the help here was Quick and helped me learn a few other tricks. I finally found the reason I was required to enter my password every day. facial recognition use causes you to enter your PW every 24 hrs... finger print once every 72 hrs.. now I know why
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @Cepoka,

Glad to assist you and good to know that you found the answer to your query. Here in Community, our Samsung members assist each other and help members to solve the issues.

0 Likes