Original topic:

Pictures still in my camera roll after being moved into album

(Topic created on: 11-21-2019 09:00 AM)
Chelan
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,
Why are my pictures still in my camera roll after I've moved them into an album? 
7 Comments
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Chelan,

When you take a picture, and then move that picture to an album, it should show up in the album. Its possible that you're on the picture tab of the gallery. When you go from your camera directly to your gallery, it opens up the picture tab. This means that all pictures, regardless of whether they were taken by your camera, will show up newest to oldest. Try changing your tab to the albums tab - hopefully your image will be in the correct folder.

Hope this helps!
-Jeremy:)

zicdeh
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
to add on the what Jeremy said. you might have also used the copy to album instead of move to album feature
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks @zicdeh!

Yep, that's definitely a possibility. I do that way too often and my phone is just filling up with the same photos haha 😅

Cheers,

Jeremy:)

0 Likes
Chelan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks Jeremy....😊
Chelan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
This is what shows up when I try to move pictures to an album that I've already moved into that particular album.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Because your Album contain same file names. In your destination folder, if files are different from what you move, I recommend you rename the move files, instead of replace them all.
Options
Galaxy S

Hi  @Chelan!

Thanks for the clarification and screenshot. I think that essentially means that the pictures you moved in are already there, and that trying to move them again results in a conflict of names(As @Tallman mentioned, thank you btw!) Try checking your album to see if your pictures are there inside of it already!

Cheers,

Jeremy:)

0 Likes