Original topic:

Power button not clicky

(Topic created on: 03-28-2018 07:37 PM)
sikhness
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys,

Have you noticed that your S8 power button is not clicky at all and is mushy? All my other buttons have great tactile feedback but the power button does not and sometimes I can't even feel that I've pushed the button.

The button works as it should but really feels odd. I have warranty on the phone and am thinking of getting it repaired. Do you know if Samsung does same day repairs at any location? I don't have any loaner phone to use that's why.
14 Comments
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I just pressed the power button on my S8+ and there is very hard distinct tactile feedback, I would definitely recommend you to replace yours if it seems mushy. And don't worry about loaner phone, they'll provide you one for free if they can't fix it on same day.
0 Likes
dlink1589
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
wlouisedean2outlook.com
0 Likes
sikhness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks! Where would I get this process started to get it repaired under warranty?
0 Likes
couse
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
there could be something stuck within the button itself. I had sand in my previous Samsung which prevented it from clicking freely
0 Likes
Galaxy S
that is sort of similar to my Tab S3 power button sometimes, dude you happen to spill any sort of thick liquids? (milk or anything besides water)
0 Likes
sikhness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have never dropped the phone or dropped any liquid on it either! I've always felt the power button to be different than the others since I've gotten the phone
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I Googled "not clicky" but I couldn't find any technical references for this issue... 😊🐧
0 Likes
sikhness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Haha, the best thing I've found is others having the same issue on reddit. Seems like quite a few 😞.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/86xcyo/power_button_loses_its_clickiness/?utm_source=reddit-android
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
My hardware buttons used to be mushy as well. Try cleaning it under clean water. Rinse and rub firmly with a clean cloth/towel.
0 Likes