Original topic:

Prevent Accidental Screen Activation GS10+

(Topic created on: 07-27-2020 11:57 AM)
DTS
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I wonder if there's any suggestion on preventing accidental screen activation.  I put the phone in my jean's back pocket a lot these days and it often activated various apps or whatever shortcuts I have on the lock screen.  It's much worse than when I used to have it in my suit jacket pocket. 
Accidental Touch Protection is already on and Touch Sensitivity is off.
Thanks!

0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi DTS, check if you have Left to wake enabled?

Settings -> Advanced features -> Motions and gestures

Other than that, it could be activated itself by the side key button.
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks Tallman, appreciate the help!
Galaxy S
Hi DTS, do you have pattern lock or pin lock on your lock screen? Or just swipe to open?
0 Likes
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Tallman,. I use pattern and biometrics.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Sounds good. Just make sure is not swipe to open causing the problem.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi DTS, Check to make the Bixby and Power keys are not accidentally being pressed. Remove any third-party cases or covers that may be around the keys.

Some third-party apps may cause the phone to wake up or may cause the screen to turn on when your phone is charging or sleeping. Test the phone in Safe mode to prevent third-party apps from running.

To enter Safe mode :
1-Turn the device off by holding the Power button until the option to Power Off appears on the screen. Tap Power off .
2-Press and Hold the Power and the Volume Down buttons at the same time, to turn the device on.
Note : The Power key is on the right hand side of most Samsung phones, and the Volume Down will usually be on the left hand side.
3-When you see the Samsung logo appear on the screen, you can let go of the Power button while the device boots up. Make sure to keep holding the Volume Down button.
4-You will now be able to see Safe Mode down the near the bottom left of the screen.

To exit safe mode :
There are 3 different ways to exit Safe Mode - all of them require the device to restart completely.
1-Hold Volume Down and Power for at least 5 seconds to force the device to restart.
2-Hold the Power button on the right hand side and select Restart on the screen.
3-Swipe down from the top of the screen to access the Notification panel. Select the notification Safe Mode is on and tap Turn Off on the prompt to restart the device.

0 Likes
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks Keagan, will try Safe Mode if disabling Lift to Wake doesn't help!
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
@DTS in the same location as described by @Tallman try disabling double tap to wake as I found that just bouncing a bit in my pocket would wake my S10 and then pocket dial etc. I love the feature but not the results
0 Likes
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks Ray2! Did that and will see tomorrow when I go for my neighbourhood stroll.
0 Likes