Original topic:

Problem...

(Topic created on: 02-24-2020 10:06 AM)
makeanimationssmooth
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
Since Samsung doesn't have a proper native video editor app, at least when we have recorded videos and want to edit, the gallery video editor should be somewhat decent. There are 2 problems with this. Number 1, when you do add text or trim a video, the video gets duplicated and it is hard to see which one is the real one. A suggestion would be to include a feature to save the original with the edit you have made, or to create a copy with a edit you have made. This would make life at least somewhat easier for the users that modify their videos or images, and this can easily be brought to devices through a future app update. Speaking of editing videos, the editor used to edit videos is pretty basic and really ineffective in producing at least adequate videos I'd say. It only has bare minimum features including, trim, filter, and overlay text. The least samsung could've done is include a feature to change brightness, highlight, shadows, etc or add a voice over. For those of you thinking about this, you would also agree the lack of features in the Samsung Video editor sub-app, it is very disappointing. Really hope this sparks a suggestion for the Samsung developers out there, I'm just an avid Samsung user and want to make the lives of others, and myself better, with the already superb hardware of Samsung locomotive devices. Much appreciate it for your time.
5 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
"when you do add text or trim a video, the video gets duplicated and it is hard to see which one is the real one. A suggestion would be to include a feature to save the original with the edit you have made, or to create a copy with a edit you have made."

So destroy the original or do exactly the same thing as they're currently doing... great suggestion!

Just get Adobe Premiere Rush at this point. You're asking for a basic utility to have all the features you'd expect from paid advanced utilities
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Like any application, it should ask us if we want to save it and which name we want to give to the video or picture like « Save as »

J'aimerais bien que l'application me propose de sauvegarder le nouveau fichier et me demande quel nom je veux lui donner comme toute application de transformation
Galaxy S
I agree

Je suis d'accord 😉
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi makeanimationssmooth,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience with Samsung. We always appreciate customers who take their time out to give us their valuable feedback.

Cheers,

Kinsley

Galaxy S
much appreciate it. Hope my feedback makes a difference :smiling-face: