Original topic:

Proud owner of a Galaxy S10+

(Topic created on: 01-21-2020 08:08 AM)
TrinityDaniels
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hey, welcoming everyone to comment on this post about how much they like their samsung device. 

I had to jump through a few hurdles to get mine. I found someone on Facebook market place selling an S10+ for $650CAD. I got her to drop the price to $450. The day comes for us to meet, and I realize when turning on the device, theres occasionally a thing green line down the screen that appears very rarely. Since she listed it as "brand new" that raised red flags for me. I figured I'd ask her for an additional discount when after checking out the rest of the phone. After inputting my sim, a SIM Network Error appeared and I wasnt able to use my cellular reception. I later found out it was because it was locked. (The story gets even interesting). After paying to find out which phone carrier the phone was with (I later found out I could have done it for free but $2 wasnt terrible). The information came back as it was with Verizon Wireless, not only a non-Canadian company, but a company who refused/denied they were able to unlock the phone without 2 months of activating a phone plan with them. The problem was that not only I didn't want to wait 2 months, but there were no Verizon wireless stores across Canada... I looked up some places, and found multiple, but their reviews were skeptical. I ended up paying an additional $120CAD to unlock it, which required me to download Parallels (a program for Mac that'll allow you to run Windows), and had the guy remotely access my phone and unlock it... oh and this was after messaging the girl telling her the issues and cost I would have associated with the phone... so she ended up selling it to me for $280CAD. So all in all I paid $400CAD for the phone. Plus $20 screen protector, and $20 case. So $440CAD for a $1200 phone... not bad eh?

@TrinityDaniels on all social media platforms, and subscribe to my youtube with the same name when you have the chance; thanks...
0 Likes
4 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You bought a SM-G975U that is defective. Even for cheap, you were scammed. If that was me, I'd have backed out as soon as I discovered the person lied to sell the device. Pretty sure there might be more hidden nasties inside...
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
yeah I'm not the type of person to buy devices from people that I don't know or non-reputable retailers. I would only buy a device from the store That is reputable Like my wireless retailer or a Samsung store.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Already bought tech from randos online (and then that I met IRL). There are honest people out there. Just got to be on the lookout for telltale signs and you'll be good to go.
0 Likes
SamsungMad
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have to agree I would have backed out to....

I guess the main thing is that your happy..(so far) I have my fingers crossed that you don't have any issue in the future...