Original topic:

RCS issues

(Topic created on: 11-19-2019 06:26 AM)
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Why isn't the RCS feature not working on the s10+? The RCS button in the message app is on and it still does not work. Any ideas?
0 Likes
11 Comments
Galaxy S
As far as I know, the carriers do not support the RCS feature.
0 Likes
Ross
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
You can get it to work with the method that was released on reddit.
Galaxy S
RCS is Supported by Rogers & Bell for sure - With both Samsung Messages & Android Messages 😉🐧
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
all service provider in Canada have the feature working. It was working before and then it just stopped. not sure what is going on. thanks though.
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
if your carrier is a part of telus and its subsidiaries then rcs wont work I've tried the google messages loophole and it doesnt work even though it says it's connected it still sends SMS to rcs carrier enabled phones
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Fyi..... the person you are texting has to have the same app and have that feature enable in order for It to work.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Rodigal You are WRONG Telus & Koodo do NOT have RCS enabled for Devices other than Google & maybe iPhones - RCS is NOT enabled for Samsung devices yet 🐧
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
@shaggyskunk1- you are right Telus and Koodo partially have support for a few devices for now. As for the other players like Fido Solutions, Freedom Mobile, Rogers Wireless and Bell, they all seem to have the feature working on their network. Samsung devices are also supported as well. RCS Chat compatibility is baked into the stock Samsung Messages app as well as Google's Android Messages — so as long as you use one of those apps for texting, you'll be good to go. The issue I had is no more. what I did to resolve the issue(?) Well ,I had to use smart switch to back up all my information and then factory reset my phone to get rid of old files that was causing the issue. Thanks again for responding. I appreciate it.
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I'm using bell mobility with my s10+ and in the settings - chat settings, I dont have a rich communications settings selector as you've shown that you do, does that mean that mine still has rcs or do I have to factory reset and restore my phone to get it?
0 Likes