Original topic:

RCS with Android messages

(Topic created on: 05-11-2018 02:56 PM)
ez1to3
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I am using a Galaxy S8 Plus on the Bell network. Using the default Samsung app I am able to use RCS messaging. I know that Android messaging is the only other app that supports RCS messaging. I've tried to use the Android messaging app, but it does not send any RCS messaging. has anyone else tried Android messaging with RCS and gotten it to work?
0 Likes
16 Comments
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Google messaging doesn't yet support RCS, Google Allo works like rcs messaging for now. Google have plans to bring rcs to a new app named Chat, which will be like RCS. But date yet not confirmed.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Android Messages supports RCS since 2016 at the very least. In fact AM is the only way to use RCS on Rogers
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
ah! I was never able to use it and I read on different sources that Google is pushing rcs with new Chat app. very confusing matter.
0 Likes
ez1to3
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
@CHMultimedia are you using a Samsung device? Does RCS work with Android messaging on your Samsung? I cannot get it to work..
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
@RichMan That was for RCS for Business, another effort to push RCS adoption while opening RCS for advertisement purposes. It is a very confusing situation indeed but only because Google can't keep a project alive for long enough (Hangouts splitting into Allo/Duo, Hangouts now being targetted for enterprises, now Chat app...)

@ez1to3 It works on my S7. AM must be your default messaging app. Afterwards the app will notify you on startup if you want to enable advanced functions (RCS functions).

Note that you might need the Carrier Services app from the Play Store
0 Likes
ez1to3
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
@CHMultimedia thanks for you help, but I didnt get any notification from Android Messaging. Even with the Carrier services installed. Looks like a limitation on Bell's network, to only work with Samsung Messages
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @CHMultimedia! Thanks a lot for your support!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I just use Samsung Messages, (also on Bell) and I cant get it to work.......
Apparently RCS is now supported with Bell but I am unsure on which messaging apps...
ugj
so I just gave up lol
0 Likes
kev15
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
with Samsung message. i have a s8+ and my girlfriend have a s8 with Bell and the rcs work with her.
0 Likes