Original topic:

RUMOUR: Samsung Ditching Charger

(Topic created on: 07-13-2020 01:25 PM)
makeanimationssmooth
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S

What are your thoughts? In future smartphones, Samsung will likely remove the charger that is included.

keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hello everyone, you people are great and you spend your precious time here to help others with the latest news, resolutions and healthy discussions. I hope everyone helps each other to make this a better place.

Galaxy S
@Keagan agree. That is if people 🧐 stop complaining about useless matters
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Your malware link was removed twice. Stop adding it back!
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have no problem remove this post if the link keeps put back. 😑
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@keagan

Don't  you read what was wrote this morning on this post :

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/It-s-hilarious-but-it-must-stop/td-p/5837467

After this , @Makeanimationssmooth  continue to post malicious link like he did again here and Moderators do nothing even if one of your Ambassador Tallman ask him also to remove the link 2 times. This person is laughting at everybody here and will continue until he got BANNED , what are you waiting to listen your Members ? It's  incredible ! 

@Keagan or @Kinsley, This situation is during since a week now, don't  you think enough is enough ?

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah. Everyone shuts up now. Can't prove the link is malware
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah, I can see that the technology is changing. When devices obsolete all 3.5mm headphone jack, Apple and Samsung will not include them in the box. But exclude the charger will be a little inconvenience for the first time users. Are we going to spend more money on wireless charging? Personally I still charge my phone by cable. 😅
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Actually I thought about that and it could be an easy fix.

So first, unbundle the charger brick. When you try to buy a new device, the clerk/website would ask you if you need the charger. Need it? Great, here's one. You don't need it? Great too! Enjoy your phone while reducing e-waste. It's important to say that it reduces e-waste so people don't take another brick "just in case". (and also to make them feel comfortable with this)

As charging tech improves, it would be wise to stamp an user-friendly ID on them. Like Samsung 25W (for 25W USB-C charger). It's easy to remember so the clerk could ask you if what charger you have and if it might need an upgrade.
Galaxy S

@CHMultimedia - I can see that this change could lead to next S/Note Series could have no USB-C charging port. But we may need to invest more money on wireless charging base if we are using 25W for now, couple years later standard switch to 45W, we all need to buy a new wireless base again...

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Ouch, that would be very bad actually. wireless charging is incredibly inefficient. It would greatly increase energy consumption. For some places with clean energy, it's not so bad, but for the rest of the world (aka the vast majority), it would be horrible.