Original topic:

Red LED notification during bootup

(Topic created on: 10-13-2017 09:00 AM)
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
So I recently posted an issue with my S8+ flashing a red led notification light while booting up and on the Samsung loading screen. Turns out to be a motherboard issue. Its unfortunate that my S8+ had screen burn-in prior to that and was repaired. It is now being sent to Samsung Canada to be taken into "cellphone ICU". It sucks because I can't even use the phone I paid $1000 for... pretty dissatisfied.

So if anyone is experiencing this red led notification while booting up (normally should be solid blue) definitely contact Samsung for next steps. Hope this helps. RIP S8+. Heres a photo of my beloved, now in palliative care. 💔b891b90a-05e6-41d0-a567-59554f2c3a5b.jpg
0 Likes
9 Comments
MCKAIG
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I'm surprised they didn't give you a new one after having burn in repair and now motherboard issues.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
right??
Im sure it still falls under the 1 year manufacture warranty.
0 Likes
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I hope I can get a new one. Better yet.. give me a note 8 instead lol
0 Likes
TheApostle
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
oops!! Sorry to hear that. Hope the issue gets resolved soon.
0 Likes
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I was told by FoneLabs it'll be 1 to 2 weeks... pretty brutal.
0 Likes
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Is a red light normal when charging??
0 Likes
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
When charging yes. However in this case it wasn't. During bootup Samsung does hardware and software checks on the device. A flashing red LED during the bootup process of android indicates an internal hardware issue.
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Reason why I pay device insurance. It would have been tossed in the dump, claimed stolen and new phone by the next day the first time it did anything severe lol
0 Likes
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
The repairs are all covered for free under the 1 year warranty. Having device insurance protects you from certain situations based on your policy (drops, water damage, theft, etc.). Also there is a premium you pay after such an event happens, usually ranging from $80 - $150. I wish Samsung had their Premium Care program in Canada, sadly its only in the US.
0 Likes