Original topic:

Removed Features [S9]

(Topic created on: 03-23-2020 06:04 PM)
Dokoz
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
The "motion effect" feature for wallpapers have been removed during the Android 10 update for the S9. 

The ability to modify the bitrate and aspect ratio in the in-built screen recorder has also been removed during this update. 

The screen recording function has been removed from the game launcher and it's in the quick panel now.

Why did these changes happen? Am I just unable to locate these features? I loved these features but now they seem to be removed.

Model: SM-G960W
4 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I have to say that personally the "motion effect" yes it was neat. it's not a must for me. the fact that I been on android 10 since mar 9th and I haven't even noticed it was gone speaks for itself. also the other features you have mentioned I rarely or have never used them.
keagan
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @ Dokoz;
Motion effect was removed on the new software update. Instead added a zoom-in/zoom-out transition animation, to the wallpaper, on app launch and app close respectively.
Yes, The screen recording is in the quick panel now. It is the part of the update and made some changes to get a new experience
Dokoz
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ah, okay. I can see that they added the zoom-in/zoom-out transitions but they could've still kept motion effect as an option rather than replacing it.

I also understand that the screen recorder is located in the quick panel but the ability to change the bitrate and aspect ratio is gone now.
0 Likes
User616
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
True , I really suggest Samsung to please bring back "motion effect" for both home and lock screen wallpapers.