Original topic:

Review

(Topic created on: 07-21-2019 10:41 PM)
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Just my thoughts and my new device the S10 + after almost 1 week of use.

I have gone from a S7 edge to the latest flagship phone S10+ so needless to say there are a big difference between the 2 devices.

The S7 edge was a great phone and I say was ..really it still is in a lot of ways and for me personally if was not worth the upgrade to the S8 or S9

So far the S10+ has met my expectations and even surpassed them if a number of ways.

1) The OS system seems very smooth and very quick.
2) The feel of the phone is what you would expect from a flagship phone from Samsung.
3) The new colours are a nice change, in the past I've always stuck with the black and this time I went with the new prism white.
4) As for the cameras well what can you say ...
 If your like me who takes photos you will love the camera and the wide angle is really something to see. To be honest I haven't taken a lot of photo's so really haven't experienced the camera to it's full potential.
5) I am not a selfie taking person but I read a review that it takes a really close up photo of your face.. which I can confirm so you may not like that, again this maybe can be changed in settings.
6) THE PUNCH HOLES!!!  In my opinion your brain learns very quickly to ignore them so for those who are a little nervous of getting this device I would say ...don't be 
7) The battery life is wat beyond what we are used to and I would think that a full charge should last the average user a full day use a a fully charged battery.
8)The pre installed screen protector, I have always used a s green protector that's best buy sells and installs and have been very happy with it so I had my reservations but in the end it's very good.

MY DISLIKES 

1) No led notification lights.. this was replaced by the edge lighting, so losing the led notifications isn't a big deal as after all you get more screen!!!  But only if the edge lighting would work correctly yes there are 3rd party apps you can get that will work but this is a flagship device and notifications are important, things that you don't want to miss if your phone is on silent.
This needs to be fixed in an update sooner rather than later by Samsung as I am sure I am not the only one complaining about this issue and at this moment in time it's a very large step back.
2) Price... I always buy my device outright as for me my current plan from my carrier is so cheap it's just not worth getting one on a new plan.
So $1600 taxes in isn't cheap and yes we have to pay for the latest things like under the screen fingerprint or wide angle lenses but let's be honest we are in 2019 and really the manufacturer needs to up their game in order to keep up with customer demands and expectations in order to give them the security that's needed for this day and age. I think it's only a matter of time before prices get too high and customer just wont upgrade as regular as the once did.

These are just my thoughts and your more than welcome to add your little bit as I am quite sure I have missed something that you think should be covered.
7 Comments
Galaxy S
That's a good assessment - There's one other thing that I personally find extremely disappointing & that's not specific to the S10+... Samsung has made the decision to Block 3rd party Themes such as Substratum Themes on the S10 series! Currently you can still use Substratum Themes on the S9 series.
For some people this may not be a big deal - But for others like myself it is a Huge Deal!
Samsung themes are more expensive - Significantly inferior & do not theme 3rd party apps! Night Mode is limited in terms of what it does.
Samsung needs to remember that it's the consumer's device & removing the ability to customize to your tastes is very disappointing!
MCKAIG
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Nice review @Echo. I can't believe you finally upgraded from the S7 Edge. The S7 was definitely your favorite through out many of your posts.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I have to give credit where credit is due.... the S7 edge was/ is a great phone.
Galaxy S
great review, was a nice read. Unlike me who upgrades their phone every year.....🙄 lol it was nice to read a review from someone who has upgraded their device from a few generations back! have to agree with you on the price and the notifications. I really enjoy the edge lighting, just wish it would be more stable and work with more apps.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
really nice review
0 Likes
findmymobile
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
please I Need To Update Video and Galaxy Gallery
0 Likes
findmymobile
Active Level 5
Galaxy S