Original topic:

Rollback to Oreo

(Topic created on: 02-13-2019 09:05 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Lemme guess. Don't like Pie? Got some nasty bugs? Battery life seems to be lower than before? You think the hype was for nothing? The icons are really putting you off? 

Well I think Pie is great. Except for the icons and the corner radius. And for the inevitable bugs that can't be bothered to affect everyone. The only thing worse than bugs are selective bugs.

But you don't like it and it's ok. My job is not trying to change your mind. I'm here to help you revert back to Oreo.

Why I'm doing this? Because this can be a bit confusing and thus risky. So instead of letting everyone go loose, I'll give everyone the proper instructions on how to proceed.

---

Let's begin with a fair warning.

YOUR PHONE MAY OR MAY NOT WIPE DURRING THE PROCESS. BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE YOU PROCEED AND REMOVE YOUR SD CARD TOO. I OR ANY ENTITY ARE IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY, REDUCED SECURITY, INCOMPATIBLE APPS, DEGRADED EXPERIENCE OR PERFORMANCE, MONETARY LOSSES OF ANY KIND, TIME LOSSES OR BASICALLY ANYTHING YOU COULD TRY TO HELD ME LIABLE TO JUST TO FILE A LAWSUIT. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN AND YOU ARE DOING THIS AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. 

I basically rejected any responsibility due to you following this guide. Never got prosecuted for providing a how-to, but better safe than sorry (or guilty for that matter).

Before you proceed, you should try to wipe your cache.  This can fix a lot of issues (but it cannot fix the ugly icons. Believe me, I tried.) while being much faster to do than rolling back your OS.

----

First: Check what is your current Bootloader Number/fuse. It's a simple digit. It can't be lower than 1. Well actually it can be 0 but that's usually only for firmware made before making the device official and thus end-users are never supposed to have such firmware.

2: Check your device on the list below and make sure your bootloader number/fuse is the same than the one on the list. If it's higher, then you cannot rollback. Do not ask for support in that case, there's literally nothing I can do.

S9 series: 3
Note9: 1
S8 series: 5
Note8: 5
A8: 4
J3 2018: (N/A)
Xcover4: (N/A)
Tab S4: 2
Tab S3: 2
Tab A 10.5/LTE: (N/A)/(N/A)
Tab A 8.0/LTE: (N/A)/(N/A)

Device not listed? It either launched with Pie (no rollback possible) or the device is not sold in Canada (would take too long to document every single Galaxy out there.

3- If your device's BL Fuse is the same as the one on the list here, then follow this link:

4- Download your device's folder. And the Standard Package.

5- Turn off your device and boot into Download Mode. On the teal warning screen, press Continue.

6- Open your computer. Open the Standard Package folder and open Odin 3.13.1. Click on the BL button. Navigate to your device's folder. Then, select the file that begins with BL.

7- Repeat for AP, CP and CSC. In CSC, select the file that begins with HOME_CSC. AP will take some time, have patience!

8- Hit Start.

9- Wait.

10- Welcome back to Oreo.

(Link will be added very soon. I must fix some last second issue but at least now you know how to do it).
8 Comments
Galaxy S
Peux tu faire la même chose en français svp ?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Absolument! Ce sera publié en simultané sur mon site

Pas tout de suite car je suis occupé par contre
0 Likes
Galaxy S
d'accord merci
Galaxy S
Why can't Android cannot restore previous OS within 7 days or 14 days after upgrade? I think @pple or M$ OS already has such features so that if you don't like existing OS, you can revert it back to previous OS. Then wait for the next better upgrade. I think Google or Samsung should implement this feature so that user can have a choice between new or old OS.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
OEMs can't support two parralel OSes. MS makes Windows. Nobody can modify Windows.

Also there is no room to keep the previous installation in the device
0 Likes
Galaxy S
That sad 😫...but have to keep going 😔
0 Likes
Miketyler
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
correct me if I'm wrong, could I not just download the latest oreo of bell (my ISP) from sammobile.com unpack and put in Odin?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes but with Sammobile's horrible download speeds, you'll have to wait until Android Q is released to rollback