Original topic:

S10 Bugfix pack coming soon.

(Topic created on: 12-27-2019 11:18 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
An emergency bugfix update is going to be released soon to address bugs introduced with the latest update for the S10 series. It will be very important to install it as soon as you get the prompt.

Now I'd like to talk to all of you about something of the upmost importance.

Updates are fun. Updates are cool. Updates are exciting. Updates can make your device better than ever. Updates can add awesome new features and other functionality.

Updates are critical. Updates are not to be trifled with. Updates can break your phone. Updates can destroy your data. Updates can allow fraudsters to pwn your device. Updates can ruin your bank accounts. Updates can expose your device to everyone.

When rushed, updates can have dire consequences to everyone. You wouldn't want to eat half-cooked chicken. I'm certain nobody here wants a half-cooked update.

The pressure to do everything faster than ever isn't doing anyone any good. Do you really think all of this is worth it to see the 9 turn into a 10? Think about everything that makes your device so valuable to you. I'm willing to bet that bugs aren't on the list.

We all had a good laugh when the S8's Oreo release in Europe was... CRAP. That was the build number, but it was so buggy that it was representative of the update itself. There are other instances of such disastrous releases that get canceled or delayed. This happens very often, for example when they release the first update or so for the newest flagship. Or the S7 Oreo. Or the S9's CSEA release this year. Or the GWatch LTE's ASD6 which still has not been fixed. I could go on...

Don't ask for quick updates. Ask for good updates.

This message is also directed to Samsung officials. Don't give in to the pressure. I know how bad the update is. Don't release anything until it's ready.
7 Comments
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
It is, but i am horrible at articulating. Trying to say there's more to it than avoiding rushed updates.
I forgot about the CRAP update. That was a weird one.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
CHMultimedia quels sont les bugs dont tu parles, où as-tu trouvé l'information, cela est-il aussi valide pour l'Europe ?
Tu peux répondre en anglais...
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Je sais pas si c'est le cas en Europe, mais je tiens d'une source sûre ces infos. Dès que je peux en communiquer plus, je le ferai.

Il y a quelques exemples dans le forum de problèmes sur le S10 depuis Q (ignorez les "moi j'ai aucun problème", y'en a toujours) et je sais que ce n'est que la pointe.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Oui, je suis d'accord. je suis tres patient pour le update
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Sweet! I'm loving 10 so far. Though I have to admit it's a bit buggy at times, all I ask for is a nice big juicy stability update 😋
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
The problem is that longer release timeframes are not equivalent to higher quality releases. There is no guarantee that the developers are utilizing longer or more comprehensive testing cycles just because they're given more time. If Samsung wants to reduce the number of bugs and have faster releases they need to do things the Apple way and have public betas that are not region restricted. In all, I still prefer faster updates and proactive maintenance over longer release cycles with limited or no follow-up.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Hopefully this is the same train of thought, Choo Choo 🤣
Before any update always backup your stuff!

For my stuff, I play around with the betas n such but for my working devices I stick to the...
"if it's not broke don't fix it" rule!
I've never seen a perfect update 🤷♂️
Even apple iOS, where their devices are pretty similar while over in android city there must be 1000s of different devices 🤦♂️
A good analogy would be like making tires for a vehicle but some are driving hummers and others are in smart cars, it's quite the balancing act lol
At the end of the day, nothing is perfect, it cracks me up when people ask for the updates (rushed). Then complain 🤦♂️ and sometimes rightfully so! But unless there is a new feature I need or want I would just leave it alone. Sometimes it's really a good thing updating like @Shaggyskunk1 I am jealous of your note 4 🤙👍but other times it breaks stuff and it's just time consuming and frustrating to fix🤦♂️🤷♂️

it would be nice if an update was perfect but it just will not happen, especially with androids huge array of devices.
0 Likes