Original topic:

S10 Ghost Notification

(Topic created on: 08-22-2020 12:58 PM)
Samsung_tVswzDg
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

So I've been repeatedly searching through Google, Reddit, everything trying to find an answer and none has worked. 

A few weeks back, my phone started making a random notification sound. None that's actually on my phone. Went through all my apps, turned off all sounds even the system apps, I even factory reset my phone and I'm still getting the sound. 

It's starting to get really frustrating. I always have my phone in silent and it's annoying trying to listen to something and have this sound ring when there's no reason behind it. I'm not sure how often it rings but I'd say anywhere between 10 minutes and half an hour? It really varies but I don't have my volume up anymore because of it.  I've literally tried everything. Does anyone know how to fix this?!

0 Likes
14 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
There is an app that is included in the apps you get when you install Good Lock on your phone is an app called Nice Catch that likely would help track the sound source
Samsung_tVswzDg
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I actually did try it but it didn't come up. 

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
In addition to Nice Catch, you should be able to go in Settings/Notifications. All the apps who sent notifications will be listed, so you might find the offending app there.
Samsung_tVswzDg
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

It doesn't show anything that would make a sound like this and I shut off all notifications and everything and I'm still hearing it

0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Samsung_tVswzDg,

Please follow the steps provided by Ray2 and CHMultimedia, and get back to us with the result.

Thanks Ray2 and CHMultimedia for providing the information.

0 Likes
AdgeTimick
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

Samsung_tVswzD, can you record the notification sound and post an attachment here?  Not sure if that will help, but if someone recognizes the alert sound, they might know what app is creating it.  I would say Facebook, weather apps, and browser tabs with pop-up ads are the most likely offenders given everything you've already tried, but this is honestly a perplexing situation and I can understand how frustrating it must be.  Hopefully someone can help figure this out for you soon.

0 Likes
Samsung_tVswzDg
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I tried adding a video to my post but I'm not sure it worked

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Samsung_tVswzD,

We can see the video attachment without any issues. Could you please turn on your device in Safe mode and check if you can still get that notification.

0 Likes
Samsung_tVswzDg
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I was in safe mode for just over 10 minutes with screen recorder on but it didn't get anything.

0 Likes