Original topic:

S10 Overheating

(Topic created on: 05-27-2019 10:04 AM)
AedMig
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone here experienced overheating on their S10? It happened to me twice already during normal use. It is so hot that i have to place it somewhere. I donk know if this is an isolated case or there are other people experiencing the same. I just bought it last month.
0 Likes
6 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
no issues here...
But does this happen the your phone is on charge? is it sitting in direct sun light?? any more info would help us help you.
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @AedMig,

It could be that you have background apps running that are using up your phone's resources. Does the issue persist if you close all your recently used apps and restart the phone?

You can also experiment with battery optimization features (e.g. Battery Saver mode) to see if that helps with the heat. Like @Echo1 suggested as well, leaving the phone in direct sunlight can contribute to overheating.

Hope this helps!

Sabrina

perfectg
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I'm going to say it's background apps.
0 Likes
AedMig
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
it happened when im watching raptors game. no other app running besides messenger and firefox.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Easy to explain - Raptors are pretty hot right now 👍😛
Options
Galaxy S

Streaming video can be resource-intensive, but it shouldn't cause your phone to overheat...

Just out of curiosity, is the weather hot where you are? If so, sometimes having a fan blowing cool air onto your phone can be a quick remedy! Also, removing your case (if you have one) will help the heat dissipate quicker as well.

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes