Original topic:

S10 Plus and S10 owners, share your experience please!

(Topic created on: 07-14-2019 03:59 PM)
Dayim
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I own a S8+ and I have upgraded to a new phone once or multiple times every year. When the S9 came out, I skipped the upgrade because I felt that since I don't take a lot of pictures, the upgrade was not needed.

I went a year and half with my S8+ and loved it. Then my screen broke. It would have cost me around $300+ to repair it. Which was unreasonable as a used mint condition S8+ costs about the same. Now I have been using my phone with the screen still broken for a few months now. My perception of what a good phone is, has somewhat changed. I think my next device should be somehow durable without putting on a tank size defender case. 

Do you guys think your device is durable? Do you think it's a device worth the price? How do you plan on keeping your devices safe?

I hope some S10 flagship owners could shed some light on this. Thank you in advance! 

FYI. My phone's screen broke falling from my hand and impact was on the corner side first, it had a otterbox commuter case on, with a glass screen protector by otterbox as well. When the phone fell.. the glass protector did not break, it just came off completely after impact. The screen cracked underneath. Weird.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
that's what I'm would hope for if i bought something from samsung. thanks for the info 🙂.
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
okay thanks 🙂
0 Likes
TakiVilas
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm pleased with S10+ its probably just as fragile as the S8 or S9. I use a slim gel case. I dropped it three times on the corners waist high with no damage. the upgrade is worth it because of the wide angle camera, it's really useful and the speakers are really good if you like to watch videos on your phone.
Dayim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Did you buy any insurance for the phone? what about screen protector?
TakiVilas
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
no, never buy insurance, I've never cracked a screen since my first Android 2012.
I'm using the factory pre installed screen protector. that cheap plastic one. scratches easily. when I get a chance I'm going to get the white stone dome tempered glass screen protector. I hear it's the best.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Insurances are scams though.
0 Likes
Dayim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Without insurance. I don't want to pay $400 plus tax in one go to replace the screen of a Samsung. Rather a $7 insurance.
0 Likes
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
s10+ has a far superior battery performance over the S8+, I find the dual speakers much louder than the S9, I love having the Ultra wide and telephoto options , more internal storage
0 Likes
Dayim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Those are a given. I'd take S10+ any day. Just hesitating on price. :$
0 Likes