Original topic:

S10 Plus and S10 owners, share your experience please!

(Topic created on: 07-14-2019 05:03 PM)
Dayim
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I own a S8+ and I have upgraded to a new phone once or multiple times every year. When the S9 came out, I skipped the upgrade because I felt that since I don't take a lot of pictures, the upgrade was not needed.

I went a year and half with my S8+ and loved it. Then my screen broke. It would have cost me around $300+ to repair it. Which was unreasonable as a used mint condition S8+ costs about the same. Now I have been using my phone with the screen still broken for a few months now. My perception of what a good phone is, has somewhat changed. I think my next device should be somehow durable without putting on a tank size defender case. 

Do you guys think your device is durable? Do you think it's a device worth the price? How do you plan on keeping your devices safe?

I hope some S10 flagship owners could shed some light on this. Thank you in advance! 

FYI. My phone's screen broke falling from my hand and impact was on the corner side first, it had a otterbox commuter case on, with a glass screen protector by otterbox as well. When the phone fell.. the glass protector did not break, it just came off completely after impact. The screen cracked underneath. Weird.
20 Comments
Galaxy S
Depends on what you're looking for - I've got the S9+ & S10+.... but I prefer the S9+ because - No holes in the otherwise awesome display & while the Ultrasonic FP scanner was improved with the June Security Patch OTA - It's still noticeably inferior to the FP scanner on the back of the S9+

I use Incipio Dualpro cases & Whitestone Dome Glass... but I haven't (knock on wood) dropped a phone since my Motorola Razr v3....

You may want to look at the near zero prices available for the S9 series or Note9.... My 2 cents 🐧
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
@shaggyskunk1 - just wondering here 🤔, it sounds like you have multiple samsung devices. just wondering where do you buy them from? Samsung store or Samsung online? or some where else. also just wondering do you just pop your sim card in or do you have to get it "Hooked up" at your carrier?.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Recently it's a bad time to get a new phone. Since Rogers' new Infinite plans and their new idea of separating the phone from the plans, phone prices are much higher.

I have to check how this affects corporate rebates though.
Dayim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks, I know you're absolutely right. It's just that I am going to University in the fall and I have to buy a laptop and a phone both. I was considering S10+ but then I know a small fall or crack will ruin my two year since I always get them on contracts. Secondly, I was considering A70 as a cheaper alternative. But it would kinda damper the mood since it can't even compare to S8+ still. I might just go for S9+ at a really subsidized price in the fall when the back to school sales start. So that if needed. I can pay off Koodo for the remaining device balance.
0 Likes
Dayim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
@CHMultimedia I know, it is a bad time to get a phone. I will wait for back to school sales before I do anything. Secondly, I was checking out these black market plans for Koodo and Roger. They get you plans like 10 Gigs for $50 and they don't ask for any money until they give it to you and you have time to recheck everything to make sure it's legit.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Actually those things are 99% of the time legit. See what they can offer you with and without a phone and then you can do the math and see which option would suit you the best
Galaxy S
@TBone Well I've got around 6 or so Samsung devices - I get them from Rogers 🐧
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm just thinking about some options, thanks for the info.
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

@TBone I bought my S10 straight from Samsung and just put my sim card in and it connected to my Telus provider on its own without doing anything else.