Original topic:

S10 plus stuck in downloading mode

(Topic created on: 05-17-2020 10:32 PM)
Frfarbd
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I went to download and install the latest update for my s10 and it is now stuck in a teal screen that read “ Downloading do not turn off target”. At the top it has a bunch of groups of random numbers and letters and reads “ hash of data does not match the digest in descriptor. I already held the buttons down for over 20 seconds and it just keeps coming back to the screen. Can anyone provide help?

0 Likes
14 Comments
MAP
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Try power volume down at the same time
0 Likes
Frfarbd
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I already that, it just brings me back to the screen.

0 Likes
MAP
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Volume up instead,should bring you to bootloader. You have the option to restart there
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
The teal screen was the bootloader. Your combination leads to Fastboot. And you must press the Bixby key as well on devices who possess one.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It seems that the update was somehow downloaded to your device improperly. Can you post a picture of those numbers and letters please? I might be able to understand the issue this way
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @Frfarbd,

when you press power and volume down keys did the Samsung logo appears?

If it appears, have you released both the keys when you saw the Samsung logo?

Try to hold power and volume down key simultaneously for a few seconds and release those keys when the Samsung logo appears.

Get back to us with the result and please share a picture of that screen as mentioned by @CHMultimedia.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Agree with @CHMultimedia - Sounds like a corrupted download.
On the Teal Download Mode Screen - You SHOULD be able to Press the UP Volume Button to Cancel the Download Mode & Reboot your device.
It may want you to Boot into the Recovery Menu - At which point you should Factory Reset your device ⚠ This Will Wipe your phone & HOPEFULLY you have a recent Backup of your device - But you may not have any choice other than to Factory Reset your device.
Should a Factory Reset fail to fix the issue you likely have two choices:

a) Flash the Canadian Firmware with Odin (you need to use your computer & need to download & Install Odin + Samsung USB Drivers + Samsung Firmware for your device to your computer.. AND have the knowledge to do this - It's a fairly simple process BUT you need to know what you are doing.

b) Visit a Samsung Service Centre.
Frfarbd
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Thank you everyone for the responses, I have tried every combination of buttons to press and it always brings me back to the downloading screen. Screen shot below

0 Likes
Frfarbd
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Screen shotScreen shot

0 Likes