Original topic:

S10 screen less brighter than s9

(Topic created on: 06-14-2019 03:50 PM)
Bing
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone notice or just me?

Even a little bit of sunlight will make S9 really light up the screen. But with S10 it requires full 100c sun ☀ for it to go above full brightness.

Samsung please give us higher brightness manual option? 
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy S
This it might just be you.... I've got both devices & if anything - I think that the S10+ display is better in bright light.. maybe I just eat more carrots 🥕 🥕🥕😂🐧
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
The S10 Peak Brightness of 1,215 nits is 8% higher than the 1,130 nits on the Galaxy S9.
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I know but what I'm trying to say is, the peak brightness doesn't kick in unless there's is direct sunlight on the sensor. Like it's more conservative vs S9 when using peak brightness
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Oh. Well I guess you can just do it manually. I guess the reason is because the sensor is under screen and therefore requires more sun light
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I guess that's why cuz it's under screen. Can't manually do peak brightness. I think they've it to reduce burn in.
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You can manually do it. just slide it all the way to the right
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Could also have something to do with Adaptive Brightness - if you have it enabled...I believe that it's supposed to "learn" from your previous settings & whether or not you change the brightness...?
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Nope not to do that. Funny thing is, adaptive brightness continues to turn off for some reason! Every next day it turns off.
0 Likes