Original topic:

S10+ usb melted

(Topic created on: 12-14-2019 11:16 AM)
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
So I was driving home and had my phone plugged
In charging, i stopped and ran inside for maybe 3 mins and came out and continued to drive. At that point I smelled something burning .. looked down and checked my phone and went to pull out the USB charger.. it was hot to touch, .. I pulled and it ripped apart leaving the usb connector stuck.  I was able to pull it out after it cooled but now the usb port is somewhat charred and though it kinda charges it says to check my charger connection (even though its plugged in) 
I called customer service and they say it's not covered because it was a Qualcomm charger not samsung. I'm get it's not a  Samsung charger but after the note 7 bomb issues you would think they would not want others to know that the S10+ catches fire. 

The customer support over the phone was junk and not budging maybe Steve or the mod can contact the right people as I'm sure that's not normal 

Luckily I caught it and there wasn't damage to my car or anything else. But Samsung not coverning it even though it's a 8 month ish old Flagship phone is crazy. The phone has I belive as feature where it should shut off charging if it gets to hot or hits 100% 

0 Likes
Resolved!
23 Comments
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Had the same happen but years ago with my Note 5. I suddenly smelled that telltale smell of electrical arching. Charger was toast but I was lucky with the phone.
Solution
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @Habsfan, 

I'm sorry for not replying sooner. This is pretty alarming. I'm going to do my best to escalate and see where we can go with it okay?

Will keep you updated,

Jeremy

Perky457
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Just had this happen today to my S9+ while I was driving! Almost crashed trying to get the **bleep** charger out before it caught fire lol.

sevencasey7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

The exact same thing happened to me last week -twice- with my note9. The first time it was salvageable. I changed charging cables and it happened again a few days later, but worse. Can't charge with a cable now. Thanks Samsung. 🙄.

0 Likes